AT&T: 4 Reasons Why We're Better Than Verizon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I have gotten up to 1.9k with my Verizon Wireless Broadband device, so AT&T is outright telling a lie here. My girlfriend works for AT&T in a high level network support position and we have tried to use her company provided wireless internet and it will not work anywhere near our house.

The two times we have gotten a 3G signal(far away from our house, mind you), the speeds to sluggish and could not be maintained for any measurable amount of time. AT&T needs to admit to the fact that Verizon was telling the truth in these commercials and either improve their(AT&T) service or shut the fuck up.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Alright lets break this down

AT&T: Unlike Verizon, AT&T offers the most popular smartphones in the industry.

Sure you do have the iPhone but thats about the only smartphone that Verizon doesn't have, They carry blackberrys, android phones as well as palm and HTC... so yeah you have the exclusive iPhone... but for not much longer...

AT&T: Unlike Verizon, AT&T customers have access to more than 100,000 applications, more than with any other wireless company.

Yeah again iPhone... whoopty Fing do... if you were to take all these apps and remove all the duplicate apps that do the same thing, and then were to take the ones of the previous versions you would get about under 40k apps. They can't count blackberry, palm, HTC because they all can get the same apps from them on any network.

AT&T: Unlike Verizon, AT&T's 3G network lets wireless customers simultaneously talk and surf the web or do e-mail.

Maybe they could say that years ago but I think with any smartphone this task is easily done. So AT&T is dumb for reaching at this one.

AT&T: Unlike Verizon, AT&T has the nation's fastest 3G network.

Meh you might have one there but it's debateable.

So there you have it 2 of their given reasons are based on the iPhone. 3rd reason is just dumb and last one isn't true all the time.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
My ATT phone generally gets good reception and has good call quality, but browsing is very slow no matter if I'm on 3G or Edge. But the worst problem is that I go lots of places where I can talk but I can't browse at all. It's as if some parts of their network have no internet access.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
The NO 3g surfing with simultaneous phone usage is a pretty big downfall if you're trying to trick people into thinking your network is better than the other guys network.

None of this matters though... to most people. I for one don't travel, ever. Im surely not alone and so you know what... I doubt i'm going to find myself in any of these dead zones.

On another note : I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't filed any lawsuits against apple for it's stupid commercials that they put out, which never advertise their products at all... they 100% aim to try to defame microsofts programs.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
AT&T has twice as many customers at AT&T?

Once again, pathetic job editing your own submission.

Read your article out loud to yourself before submitting it. I would be embarrassed if I was Tom's or you. The local middle school newspaper has better editing and journalism standards than this site.

sslazio77

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
AT&T > Verizon I connect to my slingbox through 3G and it works perfectly fine, doesnt even lag or skip.. stream tv over 3g.. verizon locks down all their fones you cant do anything, not even use a ringtone some1 sends you through mms

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
We run AT&T for our business and my personal phones. I can't speak for other areas but, I can't even recall the last time we had a dropped call. Coverage is very phone dependent. After a lot of trial and error we found that certain brand phones had horrible reception and transmition. Once we went to Nokia phones all our reception issues went away. Their customer service in the call centers are the only place I would give them a not so good of a grade. As to the iphone of course its a toy just like andriod etc. Once you get one though you can hear the difference in calls from not so good sounding phones. I just wish I didn't have to use itunes. I hate that program...

cichy69

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
"nation's fastest 3G network" haven't we heard that before?? ...from every other wireless company. Which 'nation' are they talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS