Status
Not open for further replies.
G

AT&T goes on to list several reasons why it has twice as many customers as AT&T

Proof read please.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
AT&T must have an infinite amount of customers since it has twice the amount of customers as itself... Assuming that it has more than 0 customers that is.

uh_no

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I love how verizon says they have 100k apps.....too bad they'll only work on the Iphone....and are really apple apps more than ATT apps....

eamon

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
"AT&T goes on to list several reasons why it has twice as many customers as AT&T"

May I conclude that AT&T has zero customers?

eamon

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
"AT&T goes on to list several reasons why it has twice as many customers as AT&T"

May I conclude that AT&T has zero customers?

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
AT&T is 100% fail here, they are relying on the iPhone for half their argument, which IS a great TOY, but not a great phone (Former owner). Eh, long live Android!

h0llow

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
1) Verizon has the popular smartphones too. HTC, DROID, BLACKBERRIES, WINDOWS MOBILE DEVICES. so.... where did that come from?

2) Verizon has a app store too, it's nothing new. They have had a app store for quite a while now.

3) Verizon has more 3G coverage. So... obviously it's more reliable. who would want to use around 56k speeds where AT&T does not support 3G?

4) AT&T speeds goes up to about 1.7 while Verizon is 1.4 if I'm not mistaken. Yes it is faster. But what good is it if there is no 3G coverage to back it up? Same concept as the 3rd. Dreadful speeds where 3G isn't available.

Researched for a long time. AT&T is just butt hurt with all their customers complaining about dropped calls, while it seems a lot of other carriers are picking up on now.

G

Simultaneously talk and data usage is a big thing for me. Too bad my company moved to sprint. Imagine talking on the phone and trying to search restaurant reviews or send an email. Very valuable feature and sorely missed.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Based on my exp:

AT&T has "Call Dropped"

AT&T has "Call Failed"

AT&T has "Network Busy"

AT&T has black holes in coverage (i.e. Got no signal at all at my buddies house but if you were to walk just 10 feet down the road you got a signal, however for those who had Verizon there was no problem.)

AT&T has cry babies for lawyers.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
At&t has twice as many customers globaly, but in the us it is now number two behind Verizon after they bought Alltel. So how is that statement any different from what Verizon is saying about thier maps. I am sick of spin. All Verizon is doing is saying what everyone on At&t is thinking. Buy a iphone but dont use it... Bring down the network, that is if you can even find 3g

G

***** WE fish a lot in WA state. With my verizon, I get service where my brother does not on the water with AT&T. ALSO SINCE I AM A PILOT I GET SERVICE IN PLACES IN ALASKA WHERE MY FELLOW PILOT WITH AT&T DOES NOT !!! ENOUGH SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I have been a Verizon customer for years, and have seen nothing to make me want to switch. Even my brother's little farm in rural MN has coverage, so I could call for a Wahhmbulance for AT&T even from there.

BrentonMcGhee

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
[citation][nom]lopeztaz[/nom]Simultaneously talk and data usage is a big thing for me. Too bad my company moved to sprint. Imagine talking on the phone and trying to search restaurant reviews or send an email. Very valuable feature and sorely missed.[/citation]

I second this, I talk and use data at the same time every single day many times a day. I never really thought much of it, i did not know that was not possible on other networks. That is a major deal breaker for me!

I dont know how i would get things done with out being able to do that, i would really have to change my work flow!

Scotteq

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
Where I live, Verizon have reliable and comprehensive 3G coverage.

Where I live (within easy driving distance of their world headquarters, BTW), AT&T do *not* have reliable coverage at all. To the point where I cannot make or receive a call on an AT*T cellphone in my own home. 3G is nice on paper, but you don't see it around here even when you do have a signal. This is why I don't use this provider.

Case in point - Comparing my Droid to a coworker's iPhone: I can stream audio (Pandora is free and niiiice), make/receive eMails, and/or surf the web at the same time. Now, I may not be able to make a call at the same time... But neither can the iPhone, regardless of AT&T's implications stating their network can.

AT&T are butthurt because (in this case) Verizon's attack adds are right on target. The service involves more than just the device. In this case, the 'Droid's few failings (lousy keyboard) are far far far more than offset by the size/availability of 3G coverage.

/end_discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.