AT&T and Apple Reveal iPad Enjoyed Record-setting Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
wow. I don't like the apple philosophy, but you can't argue that there are many, many, many people out there that want their stuff. If this keeps up i can see governments wading in and breaking apple up, governments don't like monopolies.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
apple is part of tech weather you like it or not. ( a $100bil part) And the fact is they make android and pcs better. always embrace competition.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I find these statistics very odd. Not only was this the first iPad launch where there was almost nobody lined up at the stores (at least where I am) up until the dying hours before the launch (unlike previous launches where people waited days), but not a single person I know (including die-hard Apple fans) were even remotely interested in this latest offering. And yet somehow it has broken records?

G

I'm sure Tim Cook is shaking in his boots thinking about them Samsung Tabs

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]whitelyric[/nom]Just watch, the new Samsung Galaxy Tabs will blow this iCrap ~3 out of the water.[/citation]
Can't. Stop. Laughing.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]_Cubase_[/nom]I find these statistics very odd. Not only was this the first iPad launch where there was almost nobody lined up at the stores (at least where I am) up until the dying hours before the launch (unlike previous launches where people waited days), but not a single person I know (including die-hard Apple fans) were even remotely interested in this latest offering. And yet somehow it has broken records?[/citation]

I think it is not that odd at all. They took pre-orders online this year. If you tried to access the webpage to do that then you would have seen the site was so bogged down for hours after the announcement. Not only that but they probably predicted to sell more then the iPad 2 and increased production based on that.

sesante2000

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I love how everyday people use and love apple products. Yes, that includes doctors, surgeons, lawyers and so forth. You know, the kind of people that have high level degrees?
Hope one day when you need help from one of these "dumb" people, You'll realize how stupid you sound.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Becoming Tom's iGuide I see.

It is enough to have to see the iZombies around town flashing what is essentially drm-infested crap hardware lacking in connectivity and open standards. When we come to tomshardware we have to deal with iCrap allover again.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]_Cubase_[/nom]I find these statistics very odd. Not only was this the first iPad launch where there was almost nobody lined up at the stores (at least where I am) up until the dying hours before the launch (unlike previous launches where people waited days), but not a single person I know (including die-hard Apple fans) were even remotely interested in this latest offering. And yet somehow it has broken records?[/citation]
Because that number includes Ipad 2
http://gizmodo.com/5894520/lets-not-get-too-excited-about-those-new-ipad-sales-numbers-updated?tag=ipad-sales

[citationThere are two generations of iPad on shelves, and AT&T has confirmed that its "record numbers" from Friday include both of them.][/citation]

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
[citation][nom]sesante2000[/nom]I love how everyday people use and love apple products. Yes, that includes doctors, surgeons, lawyers and so forth. You know, the kind of people that have high level degrees?Hope one day when you need help from one of these "dumb" people, You'll realize how stupid you sound.[/citation]

If paying for overpriced proprietary hardware (and software) makes someone smart and educated, then I'll stay dumb and uneducated and continuing spending my hard earned money on more practical equipment, thanks. Your iAnus butts don't smell any better than anyone else's

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
If this keeps up i can see governments wading in and breaking apple up, governments don't like monopolies.

Apple receives unconditional support from the MSM and especially from propaganda outlets like the New York Times even if once in a while they carry articles that are critical of Apple, like that article on Apple's exploitations of Chinese workers that appeared recently....

I don't think it likely that politicians will fight Apple. And because the government is about politicians, it is unlikely it will fight Apple. Political success in America is about receiving support and positive coverage from the narrowly owned MSM, and Apple is in cahoots with the MSM through a series of nefarious backroom handshakes and agreements.

The people however can bring the MSM mediated Apple parasite to a stop by pointing out whenever possible that Apple success is about the loss of technological freedom and the loss of open standards, and that it threatens the information revolution and all the good things it promised for mankind.

The collapse of Apple is synonymous with the march of technology and open standards. Either Apple falls or open standards die. Apple is a disease in part mediated by lack of freedom and narrow ownership in the mainstream information channels.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]khha4113[/nom]Because that number includes Ipad 2http://gizmodo.com/5894520/lets-not-get-too-excited-about-those-new-ipad-sales-numbers-updated?tag=ipad-sales[citationThere are two generations of iPad on shelves, and AT&T has confirmed that its "record numbers" from Friday include both of them.][/citation][/citation]
Nothing like speaking too soon.

Gizmodo already updated their article to reflect the fact Apple sold 3 million of the "new iPads".

Nothing like selling more iPads in a week than your competitors can sell in an entire year.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]10tacle[/nom]If paying for overpriced proprietary hardware (and software) makes someone smart and educated, then I'll stay dumb and uneducated and continuing spending my hard earned money on more practical equipment, thanks. Your iAnus butts don't smell any better than anyone else's[/citation]
Overpriced? So where are the other $499 tablets with a processor as powerful as the iPad and a screen with the same resolution? Oh yeah, there aren't any.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011

The lack of people queueing suggests to me that perhaps it is not the minority 'followers of the cult' who are behind the sales figures - but normal guys who just want the high resolution of the new iPad.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]10tacle[/nom]If paying for overpriced proprietary hardware (and software) makes someone smart and educated, then I'll stay dumb and uneducated and continuing spending my hard earned money on more practical equipment, thanks. Your iAnus butts don't smell any better than anyone else's[/citation]

You've got it the wrong way round. They aren't made smart by their purchase. They were already smart, and happened to choose an iPad.

Would love to hear what your 'more practical equipment' is?

Status
Not open for further replies.