AT&T Offers Unlock Codes for Almost All Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I suppose it doesn't really matter much for iPhone users anyway. The only other major GSM carrier is T-Mobile and maybe Cellular One?

I suppose Europe users would love it though. Except Europe iPhone users are on a different provider already.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I figured it would just be a matter of time until somebody noticed "Hey, they're restricting what I can do, let's sue them!" At least this'll make some people happy.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
i have t-mobile flex-pay and their policy for unlock codes are a 40-day minimum. After my 40-day they gave me an unlock code for my hd2 with out hesitation,and i didnt even buy the phone from them! talk about good customer service.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Coincidental that their "early-termination" fee just went up? I think not... Being able to unlock and switch, then get popped with the new fee.

G

I called yesterday and they are not giving out the codes yet. Supposedly the suit isn't final until after July 2nd??

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
I wish we had more clarification as to why their manufacturer-contracted phones are exempt. Seems a little too convenient for Apple.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
AT&T would already do this if you just called customer service and asked. I did it with my BB Bold. You may have to call back until you get someone that will do it but there are some that will.

G

As an iphone owner currently on the AT&T network I did research T-mobile but as far as I know it doesnt work with T-mobiles recently launched 3G network. If there is a way please someone correct. The phone is currently Jailbroken (helps international trips)

Status
Not open for further replies.