naroslife

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hello there!

I have multiple speakers sitting around still, and I was thinking about utilizing as much of them as I can.
So here's what I have:

• ■ one set of 2.1 speakers (Genius SW-HF2.1 1200 wood)
    ■ 2 pieces of old Magnat speakers connected to a Panasonic Mini HiFi using the kind of connection on the picture (black and red connectors):
    ■ Yamaha YSP-900 sound bar
So now the Genius speakers are plugged in to my PC, but I can unplug it, and use the same cable to connect the Mini HiFi to the PC, because it has a 3.5 mm jack for an external music player, which is - in this case - my computer.
I can also connect the soundbar with a 3.5 mm jack to RCA adapter.

What I want to do is connect all these devices to my PC at the same time, so they could play music simultaneously.
My purpose with this is to play music in 2 rooms at the same time (using relatively long ~ 10 m/ 30 ft cables).

I was thinking of achieving this with 2 Y audio splitter cables (to get 3 holes). My question is: how will this affect sound quality (splitting the signal and using so long cables)?

Are there any alternatives that come to your mind? I was considering a few other options too, like 3 Bluetooth music receivers (connected to the Genius, the HiFi and the soundbar) or using an FM transmitter. I was thinking of connecting the soundbar via a digital cable, since it has those kind of inputs, and my mobo has an S/PDIF output.

My motherboard is an ASUS P5K SE.

Thank you in advance and best regards,
naroslife

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blueslime32 Audio 2
1 Audio 0
TheMuppetMan Audio 1
P Audio 2
O Audio 5
UmmmYes Audio 2
K Audio 2
C Audio 2