Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones

Apolen

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
I'm looking for a good pair of headphones under 100$ to use to listen to music (inside and outside) would the M40x's be good for travelling and listening to music?

Hello,

It would help if you could be more specific. You know exactly what you mean, but your sentence doesn't specify anything other than music and travelling.

These are really good all around however: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-280-Pro-Headphones/dp/B000065BPB/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1453496657&sr=1-1&keywords=Sennheiser+HD+280+PRO

I don't think any come even close, unless you focus on one specific thing, but leave out the other(s).

If you're serious into travelling, you want to look into noise cancelling, rather than noise isolating, especially for engine sounds and large crowds.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
I myself own the ATH-M40x's and I would totally recommend them, not to mention they come with a bag for travel. The only problem with the M40x is that it tends to get a bit uncomfortable to wear after 2-3 hours.

As Suzuki said you'll probably want noise cancelling, especially if you're flying or in busy environments. The HD 280's are good headphones but they are known to be on the heavier side which may or may not be okay with you.

Hope this Helps!