Audio X Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

carz0te

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
-Headphones used to work great (HyperX Cloud, jack).
-Yesterday the quality became terrible. With both Windows and Realtek drivers, the sound is terrible.
-The Speakers, however, work great in that jack. The headphones work great in other computers.

Why is this happening? I have a feeling it's the mobo, but the speakers should have the same problem too!

carz0te

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from carz0te : "Headphones don´t work well in my PC but work in other PCs. Speakers work fine in my PC."

I am so lost. I never seen something like this before:

-Headphones used to work great in my computer (HyperX Cloud, rear jack). They used to work great with the Windows driver and with the Realtek drivers.
-Yesterday suddenly the sound quality of the headphones became terrible, just static sounds with very low volume of actual sound in the background.
-Since yesterday, I have this problem with both Windows and Realtek drivers.
-Tested headphones and they work great in other computers.
-Tested other speakers in my computer and they work great with both Windows and Realtek drivers, same jack.

PS: There's a way I can make my headphones work good in my computer again, but then the mic doesn´t work. In Realtek drivers, set "Amplifier Setting" to Auto Switch. I think it is usually set to Front Panel by default.

I am not sure if this is the motherboard or a software issue:
-I have uninstalled Realtek drivers and tried with Win drivers, same problem.
-I have reinstalled Realtek drivers, same problem.

Thanks a lot for help, but I have zero hope

Win10
Asus z97A
GTX980

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS