AVI file lags on my android phone

ANsDROID

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
so my android phone is able to play 720p videos (1280x720) but its not able to play a video of resolution 624x352. The 720p videos are mp4 videos but the video that lags is avi.
Properties of video:
Resolution 624x352
Run time 3:57:57
Size 2.1 GB
I am currently using MX player with SW. When I try to change it to HW, it says The video can't be played.

Solution
From an article which informs us how to play AVI on Android, I learn that:

AVI is well known as a multimedia container format and still takes up a large proportion among the famous video formats just like MP4, MOV, and WMV today. Unfortunately, such a popular format is unsupported by Android Phones or Tablets so far. According to Android Official Website, only MP4, 3GP, MKV, WebM are the compatible formats with Android. Is it impossible to play AVI on Android? No, of course not. There is still a silver lining - convert AVI to Android supported formats for playback.

jageracobs

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014
From an article which informs us how to play AVI on Android, I learn that:

AVI is well known as a multimedia container format and still takes up a large proportion among the famous video formats just like MP4, MOV, and WMV today. Unfortunately, such a popular format is unsupported by Android Phones or Tablets so far. According to Android Official Website, only MP4, 3GP, MKV, WebM are the compatible formats with Android. Is it impossible to play AVI on Android? No, of course not. There is still a silver lining - convert AVI to Android supported formats for playback.

Solution