markaabo

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
Im searching for a program that i can use to backup/sync my WD external drive to my other WD external drive...

normally i do it manually, copying files and stuff... so if i rename a folder on my first drive and then need to back it up to my second i have to manually go thru and the files/folders i renamed OR just delete it all and re copy all the files but since its from a USB 3.0 drive til USB 2.0 AND its about 1tb of data it takes literally 5+ hours...

there must be some program or something which does it for you like dropbox syncs to the cloud just for 2 local drives or more...

markaabo

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

robocopy seems a bit to advanced for me, if i made an error in the cmd code it could go very wrong...

markaabo

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

I'm gonna give it a try, but can i do what i want to use it for without buying it?... i dont have alot of money to spare

EDIT: file and folder backup is only available in the paid version which i dont have the money to buy... so i can't use Macrium Reflect to the task i need.... is there some other solution?

markaabo

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

Thank you! it's a bit jacky can't get it to auto sync but if i just manually click sync it works perfectly! so thank you!

Imacflier

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
If I recall correctly, you must run Allwaysync as a service from the command line. Then you can set periodicity of the sync operation....or set sync on any detection of a file change. It is all covered (nearly impenetrably) under Allway Sync Service in the manual. Note that if you try and use Allwaysync to emulate RAID 1, the overhead and resultant lag is a killer! (I tried it and turned it off!)

Larry