Bad audio output w/ Blue Yeti (Reverses sound location)

MrBubblez98

Honorable
May 17, 2013
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I received my Blue Yeti in the mail from Amazon. Excited, I opened it up and got it all set up on my PC. I played my first game of CSGO, and I noticed that every now and then the audio would reverse, so people on the left would be heard as on the right. I know everything is plugged in correctly, and the correct audio input and output selected.

I made sure to plug my headset (Turtle Beach X12) into the bottom of the microphone and made sure that it was on the right setting on the Sound settings.

Also, I will occasionally hear small amounts of static; could this be bad drivers? Bad microphone? Has anyone else had this happen? Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I did send in a ticket on bluemic.com, stating my problem. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here, so I did.

Thanks,

Michael

"every now and then the audio would reverse, so people on the left would be heard as on the right." - they can walk from left to right in the game

"I will occasionally hear small amounts of static; could this be bad drivers?" - no. usually a bad connection. Probablywith your headphones

MrBubblez98

Honorable
May 17, 2013

I know for a fact this is not the case. I see people on my right, and shooting. However, I will hear it on the left. When the edge of the map is on my left, I will hear shooting on the left, when the minimap shows everyone to the right.

As far as I can tell there is no bad connected. The headphone jack is all the way into the slot, I can't move it any further. However, I am using a 2.5' USB extension to power it so it can be placed properly; could that cause the issue, where it moves for a sec?

"I know for a fact this is not the case. I see people on my right, and shooting. However, I will hear it on the left. When the edge of the map is on my left, I will hear shooting on the left, when the minimap shows everyone to the right." - got your headphones on backwards or swapped L&R?

Try another headphones. Try another mic eg headset. Try your mic in another PC. Try your headphones in another PC.