Bad mic to a decent mic with software magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatMCGAmer

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
I found a VST plugin that I am able to use with OBS to remove my PC fan noise completely.
But I want to be able to stream my mic trough that plugin to vitrual cable so I can use the effects from that plugin in all applications.

This is basically asking How to make ANY bad mic to BEARABLE mic. And something that ANYONE can do with ease after they find the answer from this tread once it gets answered.

I did find Virtual Audio Stream by DDMF. But the fact that it looks like something that was made within one week. And the guy is asking for 30$ and the website looks like its from the 2000s...
It kinda lost all credibility even tho it has a demo of it.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
Having fan noise does not equate to having a bad mic. In point of fact, there is no connection between the quality of a mic and fan noise. You really need to find out the cause of your mic picking up the fan noise before you try to use a plug in to eliminate the fan noise. In a properly set up system, the mic should never pick up the sound of the fan.

What kind of "fan noise" is this"? How are you plugging in your mic? How far away is the mic from the PC? You really need to try to find out what is causing your mic to pick up sounds from the fan. I have 5 fans on my PC and I can not hear them from if I am 4 inches from the PC so you might be having a mechanical problem or an electrical problem.

GreatMCGAmer

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

I do not have money to replace my H100i.
Thanks for expecting everyone to be rich.
Also thanks for not reading what I wrote.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
The steps that I suggested are 100% completely free. Nowhere in my post did I suggest that you spend money. In fact, re-reading my post I am very curious as to which of my steps do you think will cost you money?

Please respond because I am very curious. If you need anymore assistance we can help you, BUT DO NOT SPEND A PENNY until you work out your problem.
I do not have money to replace my H100i.
Thanks for expecting everyone to be rich.
Also thanks for not reading what I wrote.

I thing that you need to read the post that I wrote because within it is the answer to your question.

GreatMCGAmer

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Microphone.. Picks up air waves. It has no intelligent filter of "oh these waves are coming from PC fans pushing air"
Thus why I need to use a plugin (or audacity but with the plugin audacity is no longer needed and audacity only worked for videos where as the plugin works while I'm streaming) to filter out the unwanted noise.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
If you try to work through the suggestions that I made you should be able to correct your problem without resorting to software. I have 5 fans on my PC and my mic can not pick up the slightest bit of sound from my fans, so there might be something wrong with your situation.

Read my first post because it will give you guidance to fix your issue.

GreatMCGAmer

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Have you ever had those laptop mics which pick everything in the 100m radius? This mic is like those. It WILL pick the sounds, but here's the caveat. I can filter them with proper noise cancellation, something the plugin does and would like to have it go live with the virtual cable adaptation so it filters it wherever the mic is in use.

I repeat, the mic will pick any sound even needle drops. The computer noise is static, thus the plugin is able to filter it out easily. I need to have it working live.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016

This is great information that you should have included in your very first post. There was no indication that you were referring to a built-in laptop mic. So yes, we will work out some ideas that will allow you to accomplish your task.

GreatMCGAmer

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

It is not a laptop mic but I used it as a more known example. But it is a built in mic in a webcam.

Not everyone have a studio mic.
And instead of trying to solve a problem that was not asked to be solved. You should try to solve the problem that is asked.

I should have not had to give the information of not everyone has a mic that you take for granted.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
Yes, sounds like a mechanical problem. There are a lot of folks here that can figure out all of these mechanical things, my forte is software and audio software especially because I have a little studio.

Good luck.

GreatMCGAmer

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Me and my friends have come to the solution that you are just a troll.
You got me fooled.
gg...

Status
Not open for further replies.