Bad sound quality when low volume.

horrendisvulpes

Commendable
May 15, 2016
Hi,
Lately my laptop (Toshiba Satellite S55-C) has been having audio problems. When the sound output is low, (regardless of actual volume level) the sound quality goes down the drain. It begins sounding corrupted/distorted, and I can't seem to fix it unless I turn the volume up. Sometimes it starts working again just fine, and stops later.
I've found that it seems to happen often when I'm on a skype call and a loud sound happens near my microphone (Blue Snowball), although it also seems rather random. This happens regardless of whether I am using the speakers or a headset/earbuds, and has been going on for around 4-5 months. I don't recall anything changing on my laptop, any new programs being installed, but it was shortly after buying the laptop.

Thank you in advanced for any help or suggestions!

BZRKturbo

Commendable
May 10, 2016

Don't really know what it is off hand, but if you have had the lap top for a while then it could just be the lap top itself messing up from ware and tear and I don't know a way (if there even is one) to fix this.

Sorry, best of luck. :D

horrendisvulpes

Commendable
May 15, 2016

Thanks, but unfortunately I got it mid-february of this year, so I don't think it could be that. appreciate the suggestion though!

BZRKturbo

Commendable
May 10, 2016

you said "and has been going on for around 4-5 months." so you must have gotten it at least in December of last year. right?

horrendisvulpes

Commendable
May 15, 2016

oop, my bad. it was a really quick estimation, but I know it was mid february. that's about 4 months.