Bass Shakers not working through PC

netsuJ

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Hi, I currently have bass shakers under all 8 of my theater seats, but they don't seem to be working well. I've tested them while watching a movie through a DVD player and they work amazing, but when I connect my MacBook, they barely work at all. I use a Thunderbolt to HDMI and connect that directly to my projector. For audio, I used a simple 3.5 mm cord that connects from my laptop to my receiver. When watching movies, there is barely any shaking. Would love to have some tips. Thanks.

Solution
Since you are sending analog stereo from the laptop your receiver may have to be set differently in the set up menu to use the sub channel for 2 channel input rather than just reproduce the LFE channel.
I would suggest you run the laptop into the receiver rather than directly to the projector. That will get you digital surround sound which will be a comparable to the DVD.
Usually onboard sound card sometimes cannot provide enough power trought the 3.5MM like its happening to my headphones, while when i connected them to seperate old 2006 CD/tuner (something) i could feel the low bass 40Hz and up to 200Hz and that really good experience. Oh and to add its running from PC via dedicated sound card (some old from 2003, sound blaster something) to the amp and i tested just from sound card would it run single 90W speaker and it could.
Thats from my experience what i've done.

Since you are sending analog stereo from the laptop your receiver may have to be set differently in the set up menu to use the sub channel for 2 channel input rather than just reproduce the LFE channel.
I would suggest you run the laptop into the receiver rather than directly to the projector. That will get you digital surround sound which will be a comparable to the DVD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS