Battery Light Flashing 4x Amber 1x White

Jul 24, 2018
I just got a new battery any the led light keeps flashing amber(4x) and white(1x). The ac adapter isn't the problem because I got a new one that works without the battery. But regarding that it won't boot up and is stuck on "Repairing disk error". At the same time when you try to turn in the computer with the new battery and charger it says 'Batter temporarily not charging'. Can anyone help me fix my battery first?

By the way I have a dell Inspiron 15 (3520).

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
It seems like bad battery caused disk errors. Power down during boot up is very bad for hard drive.

If laptop starting OK on power adapter alone with battery removed, do so and check hard drive for errors. When it says Repairing Disc Errors, does it show any counter, percent repairs or something similar, like a progress report or just "Repairing Disc Errors" and it seems like screen freezing?.

Where you purchased "new" battery, provide a link please? And what is the model of "new" battery?
According to Dell - Amber, Blinking Quickly 4 Times = Fatal Battery Failure.

Do you have another PC, not laptop? It seems like we are going into recovery mode - you need to pull data from it and then attempt to repair it.

If you would not able to check disc for errors in original laptop, this is it, unfortunately. If DATA on that laptop is not that important, either new hard drive or repaired original will need to be used to reinstall Windows, maybe. and only after battery issue is fixed.

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
It seems like bad battery caused disk errors. Power down during boot up is very bad for hard drive.

If laptop starting OK on power adapter alone with battery removed, do so and check hard drive for errors. When it says Repairing Disc Errors, does it show any counter, percent repairs or something similar, like a progress report or just "Repairing Disc Errors" and it seems like screen freezing?.

Where you purchased "new" battery, provide a link please? And what is the model of "new" battery?
According to Dell - Amber, Blinking Quickly 4 Times = Fatal Battery Failure.

Do you have another PC, not laptop? It seems like we are going into recovery mode - you need to pull data from it and then attempt to repair it.

If you would not able to check disc for errors in original laptop, this is it, unfortunately. If DATA on that laptop is not that important, either new hard drive or repaired original will need to be used to reinstall Windows, maybe. and only after battery issue is fixed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 12
R Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2