hi, i have an asus x551M it says it it is charging but isnt. sometimes the battery charger icon will looki like it is charging and then it stops but cant get over 0%. there is a green and red light on in the front left.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First do uninstall/reinstall the battery driver from Device Manager.
- If it will still not work, do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will charge or not.
- Next to try is to test the AC adapter that you're using without the battery.
- Here's a video on how: https/www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWB35_tNJMI
- If the laptop will boot up normally without the battery and connect directly to the charger that means it's working properly.
- Put the battery back in and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the same problem will persist I would suggest replacing the battery itself.