Solved! Battery not charging

tuhana2008

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Hey u? Im Elly in Uganda and seek for Help. I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite A110-153 but the Battery does not charge. Whether im using my Laptop or not. My Batterry is Li-ion Battery PACK
Model NO: PA3465U-1BRS
Hopw can i solve this Problem.
My mail: tuhana2008@yahoo.com

Solution
Does the laptop run off the A/C adapter? If it runs off the A/C adapter and the battery does not charge you either have a bad battery or the charging circuit in the laptop has failed. The charging circuit is part of the mainboard and expensive to replace. The battery shouldn't be too expensive to replace with a new one.

Jim_L9

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Does the laptop run off the A/C adapter? If it runs off the A/C adapter and the battery does not charge you either have a bad battery or the charging circuit in the laptop has failed. The charging circuit is part of the mainboard and expensive to replace. The battery shouldn't be too expensive to replace with a new one.

Solution

Pyree

Distinguished
@acoolman

@tuhana2008

So that means for 4 years, you use the laptop on battery, repeatedly charging it up and draining it down? You are lucky that the battery lasts that long without loosing capacity quickly to the point of unusable. That battery deserves a longevity medal.

Get a new battery. That is the only fix IMO. Although I doubt the new one will last as long. You were lucky on the last battery.