Beats solo2 Cable Microphone Won't Work on PC

Shiny Magikarp

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
I have a beats solo2 with the RemoteTalk Cable and I want to use it as a microphone on my PC, but something is not working properly.

I have an adapter which splits the 3.5mm jack into an audio input and audio output, so that's not the problem. I can go into my Realtek HD Audio playback and recording devices and see both plugged in, but the microphone doesn't pick up any sound whatsoever. I have made it my default device, enabled it, made sure the volume settings are right, and checked my drivers to see if they're up to date.

Also: I know this is not an issue with the cable itself because I can use the microphone when plugged into my iPhone perfect.

I am using windows 10. If you need any other information or screenshots then let me know. Please help ASAP, I am becoming very frustrated with this. I made an account on this website just to get an answer because most of the answers I see to this problem is "buy the adapter" and then I'm assuming others haven't had an issue, so I don't know why I am.

Shiny Magikarp

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017

No. You would think the 3.5mm jack would allow it to work but it did not and still does not.

I am completely clueless and still need help.

I think as far as I can tell that simply because Beats by Dre work alongside Apple we may never be able to find a solution to getting the RemoteTalk cable to function on a PC as an audio input.