benck marking software

tbgjlb

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
hello everybody. not sure if this the right place but......
Is there such a thing as a free/trial piece of benchmarking software that will test my system and then allow me to compare individual components, so if i bought this gpu then compare it to another gpu and show me what kind of difference it might make to my pc .

thanks for any help

tbgjlb

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
I've looked around a little but just looking for tried and tested rather than take a chance install not what i want and repeat and repeat and so on

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016

No software can tell you that,benchmarks for the GPU run GPU stuff without any game stuff so with a better GPU you will get a better score but unless your current GPU is slowing you down in the games you play you will not see any difference in playing games.
(other then that you will be able to turn up more settings)

tbgjlb

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
its not just gpu its all the system. I was just trying to see if there was a way that i can compare components and how it would affect the pc such as better gpu, more ram ,faster ram , ssd, cpu to see if was worth upgrading what I've got with any combination of the above items or if I'm wasting my time and need to start saving money for a new pc .