Best 2 smartphones under $200? (off-contract, factory unlocked)

bustinya

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
2 of my siblings are moving to the US and are going to buy a cellphone each. I have the S4 and recommended samsung, nokia, sony and maybe LG. One of them has always been fond of apple but I told him that iphones weren't worth the money and besides, the iphone he would find under 200 dollars would probably be far off from the newest smartphones under 200 dollars. So, what i'm asking is what is/which are the best smartphone(s) out there that don't go too far from the 200 dollar line (though prefferably they don't). I was thinking the lumia 520 and I still think it is the best though i've seen other people saying some xperia. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I mean completely factory unlocked, not linked to any service provider

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Moto g is hands down the best smartphone under 200. There's just no competition. Asus just announced a line of cheap phones that look promising but there's no telling how long it will take them to release them in the US or even if they will.

sora

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

This, it'll take a while for them to release some cheaper phones.

Spkos

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I recommend the Moto G, it is a brilliant phone for a small price. Quad core chip (snapdragon 400), 4.5 inch screen 720p with pixel density of 329 ppi and android 4.4.2( latest version of android). it comes at a price of about $200 for the 16 gb version.

scooty514

Estimable
Mar 22, 2014
It is my belief that the Samsung Galaxy Light is completely not given credit for being a very good phone for under $200. It supports LTE and external storage. Though the screen resolution does not match that of the Moto G, it is still very good, after all it is a phone.

mikamiko

Estimable
Mar 26, 2014
yea moto g seemed appropriate to your
w.png

Noprompt

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Moto G is a good phone, but there are many other models in the market... check out the Lenovo A889 and the Blu Studio 5.0 II... those are good phones at affordable price that will supply admissible performance, though Moto G is a mid-range and the others are low-end.

Regards

cjdacka

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
I would definitely go with the Moto G, the display is better and bigger than the iPhone 5S, the processor is a decent processor equivalent to a top of the range smartphone from 2012, it's light, the design is clean and it's cheap, what more could you ask for and if you look around you may be able to buy the one with MicroSD port in it.