Best HEADPHONES not HEADSET for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanxtar

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I have a $300 budget to spend on high quality sounding Headphones, that would make music and games sound really really great on my PC.

I have an Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card

I was looking at the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 gaming headset, but I realised, it's overpriced due to the added microphone (which I don't need I have a separate microphone), plus I was told it was overpriced even for the great sounding quality, the reviewer mentioned there are much better sounding Sennheiser headphones out there.

So I'm looking for really amazing sounding headphones for music listening and gaming, with a budget of $300, could you guys please point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

yanxtar

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

This is a pointless remark as well as completely random and irrelevant, but more importantly completely unhelpful.

Not only did I never mention the phrase "gaming headphones", I even ENFORCED the point you're stupidly bringing up, by saying "high quality sounding headphones that would make music and games sound really really really great on my PC."

You've made it quite clear you didn't even read my post properly, let alone bother to try and help me (the point of this thread).

I wish I was enough of a douchebag to pursue my dismay of your stupid comment and do something like report you but I'm not, alas.

--

Stupid and pointless comments aside, just wanted to mention that I have found the headphones I want: Sennheiser HD 600

That combined with my Asus Xonar Essence STX should provide an excellent all-round gaming and music sound experience.

yanxtar

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I actually ended up ordering the Asus Xonar Xense Audio Bundle which came with Asus' top notch sound card, and Sennheiser PC 350 headset, which was re-designed and re-branded for this specific sound card.

I really like the audio for both gaming and music, I couldn't believe the difference a new sound card made it's like I've been living in a dull music bubble all my life :pt1cable:

Exaggerations and silliness aside, the headset is perfect for gaming, fulfills all my needs, still I'd like to get la créme de la créme for music listening headphones, to match my soundcard that is. If it came down to raw audio quality and best sounding (especially on the bass end, I do have a soft spot for excellent, punchy bass, but not too overwhelming drowning bass) headphones, which would you recommend?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.