Best headphones that allow live mic feed?

Procka

Estimable
Aug 13, 2015
I own Astro A40s and I really want to get rid of them. I want to look into getting a new headset that's more comfortable, sounds better, and has a live mic feed (mic monitoring) so I can hear myself talking through the mic while wearing the headset (similar to the Turtle Beach x12).

Please keep in mind that I want comfort and quality. Astro uses cheap materials including cheap speakers and no subs. Annoying and overpriced.

Headphones MUST include the live feed (mic monitoring), thanks!

Solution
You have it backwards, it's the mic that has a monitoring line, not the headphones.
By the nature of how speakers (headphones) work, only one source can drive the headphones properly. That headset you listed works around it by having an integrated "soundcard", which mixes the mic into the input.

What you should look for is a sound card with hardware mic mixing/monitoring, or a headset with integrated sound processing (USB audio, you will lose sound quality though).
You have it backwards, it's the mic that has a monitoring line, not the headphones.
By the nature of how speakers (headphones) work, only one source can drive the headphones properly. That headset you listed works around it by having an integrated "soundcard", which mixes the mic into the input.

What you should look for is a sound card with hardware mic mixing/monitoring, or a headset with integrated sound processing (USB audio, you will lose sound quality though).

Solution