best linux distro for 6 year old laptop

dominicmoore00

Estimable
Jun 16, 2015
i've been looking for a linux distro for my 6 year old laptop (hp pavillion dv6 1375dx)
SPECS:
Intel core 2 duo
6gb of ram
500gb seagate barracuda
unknown version of intel graphics

My Problem: i google stuff like "best linux distro for laptop" and it pulls stuff up like "10 best linux distros, which one is best for you" and its so annoying how i cant find anything for my "backup" machine so i thought you people might be able to help. Thanks

Solution
You could try ubuntu or fedora, they are easy to use and setup. If you want a lighter version you can download xubuntu version of ubuntu or xfce version of fedora, also the LTS (long time service, latest LTS version is 14.04) version of ubuntu has a longer support cycle and you don't need to do a distribution upgrade that often if you don't need the absolute latest features available on linux.

Samat

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
You could try ubuntu or fedora, they are easy to use and setup. If you want a lighter version you can download xubuntu version of ubuntu or xfce version of fedora, also the LTS (long time service, latest LTS version is 14.04) version of ubuntu has a longer support cycle and you don't need to do a distribution upgrade that often if you don't need the absolute latest features available on linux.

Solution