Best Open-Back Headphones under $100? SR60e vs shp9500S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2018
I am looking for a good pair of headphones to start with, I want good, clear mids, and highs. I am stuck between getting the Grado SR60e and the Philips shp9500S. The Grado headphones seem like they would give high quality audio, however I am worried about the comfort level. The Philips seem great based on reviews, and on rtings.com, there review says they're better for "Critical Listening." Which is what I will be doing. I like the comfort of the philips but I am uneasy trusting that Philips can create a better sounding headphone for $60 than Grado at $80. Open to any other headphones, these are just what I have come up with so far.

True Buie

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Heyo zaymeistercomcast

Now, I haven't tried the se60's however I will at any time put my money on the SHP9500's as good choice. I've used them beforehand and loved them. I personally feel like they sound kind of like the Sennheiser HD650's, but with a little more treble. They're like the unrefined version of 'em Imo.
The SHP9500' is an amazing headphone for its price and yes it sounds weird that it possibly could better that the more expensive one, but trust me on this one. It's an amazing headphone.

I'd say at your price point the Phillips are also pretty much the top notch you can acquire. Probably wouldn't get any other open-back until we reach $200-$250. They're just that good. And yes the hype about them is very real. I was also a little sceptic before I tried them, but damn was I surprised.

Cheers

Apr 19, 2018

Thanks for the response, I still really want someone who has experience with both pairs, they are both out standing headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.