Best video converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mansispicher37

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
My TV doesn't support .avi files and hence I must convert it to .mp4; but I've had some trouble finding the right converter lately. I've been using the AVC(Any Video Converter) Ultimate, the most downloaded video converter as suggested by download.CNET. It gets stuck on 80-85% every time i convert a movie.

Specifically Interstellar everyone recommends this on a large screen. The .avi Telesync and CAM versions provide the best quality(so far on the internet); MP4s are ridiculously SD.

Please recommend video converters compatible with large movie conversions. Btw, can I convert a movie so that the subtitles are a default feature in it? There was such an option in AVC, but the video was never converted and never got to know about it.

Any response would be appreciated :)

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
I believe Handbrake will support avi to mp4 - the resolution and quality of the converted mp4 will depend on the resolution of the source file. I use that in conjunction with bluray ripper to rip my bluray disks to file. Handbrake does a pretty good job of compressing without loss of quality

Mansispicher37

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014

The last time I used handbrake my 2gb avi was converted into a 500mb mp4 with non-existent quality. Thoughts on how to convert to best quality?

Mansispicher37

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014

Can i add subtitles to the video through handbrake?
I know VLC player can, but i want it on TV.

I've heard about the TEncoder and VirtualDub.

Status
Not open for further replies.