Best video streaming/capturing software/settings.

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Hey all, I've been trying to break into the streaming/capturing scene. I have been trying it on Twitch.tv with Open Broadcaster Software. I record while I stream, which is pretty nifty, so when I am done I watch the recording and notice that it stutters and lags.

I know my computer and internet is not holding it back, so it must be my settings or the program itself.

I have Time Warner internet (Extreme). 30 down and 5 up. My computer specs are in my signature.

I don't drop frames in the game (Planetside 2), but when I watch the replay it seems that whenever I do something mildly intensive, it locks up for a few seconds and the sound keeps going.

Are there any other good free programs to use? Or am I just doing it wrong? Does anyone else here use Open Broadcaster Software?

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Thanks! I figured it out, but forgot to update here. My FPS setting was at 60, and needed to be lowered to 30. I have been streaming successfully now, and even have a video on youtube (first foray into video editing).

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
SO an update...

That fixed the problem for like a week. Now it is back to stuttering on the stream and recordings again.

I have come to the conclusion that one can not stream/record/game at the same time on a computer with my specs. (Specs are in my signature).

Can I get anyone to confirm this?

Also, if I get the Avermedia Live Gamer HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100100 will this allow me to stream/record on my PC? It appears as if it does the video encoding on the card itself, therefore freeing up the processor.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
henrytcasey Apps General Discussion 4
R Apps General Discussion 3
K Apps General Discussion 2
G Apps General Discussion 0
R Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 7
K Apps General Discussion 1
G Apps General Discussion 0
E Apps General Discussion 1