Best way/software to move files from iPhone to computer?

donline

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Hi folks,

What method/software can you recommend for moving files (photos/videos) from an iPhone (6) onto a laptop (running Windows 10)?

Is there any good and reliable (spam-free) software for this? And do you plug in the phone somehow?

Thanks! D

Solution
All you need you already have. You don't need iTunes to transfer pictures and videos. Use the charging cable to connect the phone to your laptop via the USB port. Open Windows (File) Explorer and you should see the iPhone listed on the left side. You will need to, via the phone, grant permission for the computer to access the files on the phone.

smashjohn

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
iTunes and a USB to lightning cable.

Personally I use dropbox because I can't stand how bloated itunes is. Dropbox let's you push everything from your phone into your dropbox account and you can download to your computer from there. The only issue is that you may need a paid account depending on how much storage you need.

All you need you already have. You don't need iTunes to transfer pictures and videos. Use the charging cable to connect the phone to your laptop via the USB port. Open Windows (File) Explorer and you should see the iPhone listed on the left side. You will need to, via the phone, grant permission for the computer to access the files on the phone.

Solution

donline

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

Thanks kenrivers

So the power/charging cable on the iPhone can connect into the computer's USB? Is this a special charging cable or? For some reason I thought only Android phones could connect directly like this.

donline

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

Awesome, thanks kenrivers!