BIos, recovery menus and others menus not showing at startup after pressing f2, f9 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2018
HP Notebook - 15-bw055sa
Windows 10 64bit
Boots from HD only, can't get into the bios to change boot order

Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after an update and I when I press esc, f2, f0 etc at startup for the bios menu, recovery menu etc I get a blank screen with white writing at the bottom left corner saying f9...system bios etc.

*A hard reset has no effect, the computer will just continue to load until windows updates come up then it will restart it self.
*Removing the cmos battery will not load the bios upon startup.
*Removing the hard drive will just result in a blank screen, if i press f10 for bios menu or other F keys at startup I get the same thing when the hard drive is connected.
* Removing the ram has no effet, windows just loads to the update menu once reinserted.

Why does the menus not appear? has anyone ever seen that before?

Lutfij

Splendid
Can you remove the battery from the laptop and while disconnected from the wall socket, press down on the power button for 30 seconds. Once done, reconnect the battery and try powering up. You should be able to get into BIOS just from tapping the F10 key as soon as you hit the power button.

You could try and see if FN+F10 is the way to go about entering BIOS.

Nov 6, 2018
I tried that several times before but this time I done it with a timer on, but the same result. black screen and the bottom left corner it sais
F10...BIOS setup options
I held Fn+F10 down before powering on and I get the same result. F10...BIOS setup options
Any other suggestions? what is this cause of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.