Black screen after updating nvidia driver on laptop

Lawman093

Estimable
May 2, 2014
I have a Dell Inspiron 15-7537 Laptop with a NVidia GT750m Graphics Card

I have tried to install the latest NVidia driver on my laptop on numerous occasion, through NVidia experience, but when I restart my laptop after the loading screen with the dell logo the screen stays black.

It happens every time I update the driver, to solve this I have to factory reset my laptop every time. Anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I had the same issue with the same laptop. Black screen everytime i installed new drivers. Go to the Dell website and download the latest bios drivers, release date 15/6/2015 for me. I updated my bios yesterday and it finally works, even loads faster. :)

dalaran

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
If it occurs again use windows safe mode (smash repeatedly F8 during startup) which will use default drivers allowing you to boot up windows and uninstall the bad drivers to fix the issue without reinstalling everything

Scappe

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
I had the same issue with the same laptop. Black screen everytime i installed new drivers. Go to the Dell website and download the latest bios drivers, release date 15/6/2015 for me. I updated my bios yesterday and it finally works, even loads faster. :)

Solution