black screen problem

HITKARSH

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Hi,
My laptop cannot tell me any post after the Toshiba logo just black screen. Cannot get into the bios or anything... These are the things I have tried:
Taken hard drive out,
Taken ram out and only tried one..
Taken Battery Cmos battery out for a few minutes..
Had a look at the motherboard and fan is not even working when I turn it on..
This problem arise when I ignore the battery low notification last time ,it had shot down automatically due to low battery

Solution
HITKARSH, remove main battery from laptop, disconnect power adapter from laptop, press the power button down for a 20 count, reconnect power adapter to laptop, re-install main battery & press the power button to turn on laptop. if battery charger light works on laptop then is not the power adapter issue as could be the fan itself or even the motherboard is the issue.

InfurnoHD

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

You say the fan is not working on the motherboard? And you can't get past the logo?

It's not the harddrive because the BIOS is a part of the motherboard.

Since the fan is not working on the motherboard, I'm thinking the powersupply. I dont think the motherboard is the problem since it can apparently start to boot.

Try plugging in the power cord and removing the battery.

ffg7

Splendid
HITKARSH, remove main battery from laptop, disconnect power adapter from laptop, press the power button down for a 20 count, reconnect power adapter to laptop, re-install main battery & press the power button to turn on laptop. if battery charger light works on laptop then is not the power adapter issue as could be the fan itself or even the motherboard is the issue.

Solution