Black screen with no POST or beeps (Laptop)

Sphix

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
I have this old Acer Aspire one ZG5 Laptop that was recently given to me and since i already have a nicer laptop, i decided maybe i could use it for a really small game server or something.
Since i was going to run a mini game server off of it, i decided to replace Windows XP with debian (no gui) so i could really get the extra power from the laptop. So i burned the iso to my USB and booted the computer up and went through all the steps of installation. Everything was working great! However, just at the very end of installation. The laptop powered off when the process of installing software was at about 40%. I nudged the cord and since the laptop needs constant electricity from the wall, the laptop was shut off instantly. So i tried to start it back up only to find a black screen (screen wasn't even on) and no beep codes or POST or anything! I could hear the laptop speeding up and slowing down over and over. It would speed up like it was about to work and then slow down again only to repeat the process. I'm somewhat experienced with computers but i have not the slightest clue of how to fix it when i cant even get POST or the screen to work!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Laptop Specs (that i know so far)
Name - Acer Aspire one series
CPU - 1.2GHz Atom
RAM - 512Mb x 2
Graphics - ???
Model # - ZG5

TRENDING THREADS