Blank Screen on laptop - Boots fine otherwise

dhoomketu

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
I have a Dell Latitude D620 which started flashing messages about Nvidia driver failing in past few days resulting in wonky screen colours before progressing to a lit screen (greyish). The external monitor worked fine at this point but in my sheer foolishness to fix it, I tried to install a nvideo driver. During installation it asked for uninstalling the existing display driver and voila!
I can only see a blank, black screen. Window boots fine, it even connect to wifi fine. But there is no thing visible on the external monitor or on the lcd of laptop. I cant see the bios even.
Have tried to reset bios by removing all power and keeping power switch depressed. Have tried booting from win 7 or Norton ghost. Of course I don't see ANYTHING on the screen.
Anyone got any ideas?

dhoomketu

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014

restore to factory defaults?
I can try that, just wish there was some way to access the laptop first and pull out my splendid movies collection. I have teamviewer installed on it but did not noted the number. if somehow I could access the laptop, I can probably pull everything out.
anyone has any ideas what would be best way to access the HD?

Coolboy951

Estimable
May 30, 2014

you could try refreshing

dhoomketu

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
Update-I have removed the HD. Problem has persisted so hd/windows are fine. I still see nothing on internal/external screen including bios messages. Problem is with the hardware. I somehow thought display driver resided on the HD.
Anyone?