Blu-ray player turning on when changing to hdmi input

thecaff

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
I have a LG TV connected to a Yamaha amp with Blu-ray player, PC and switch attached. My problem is, if I turn on the switch or PC it all automatically changes over to hdmi and shows the input we want, but then the TV change makes the Blu-ray player turn on too and then changes back to that. We had the same set up with our last Sony TV with no problems so it's just been since changing the TV. Any suggestions?

Solution
The problem is that CEC is not standardized from brand to brand so it often doesn't work properly. Even when the brands are the same it sometimes doesn't work in a convenient manner.
Panasonic BD player to Panasonic TV (same year) and it works fine when you turn on the BD player; the TV comes on and switches to the correct input but when you want to turn off the setup the TV stays on that input and you have to change it manually instead of the TV defaulting to the tuner.

thecaff

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017

If I do this then it doesn't turn on the amp with the TV or change over to the hdmi when any other device connected to the amp is turned on

thecaff

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017

Maybe I'm not making sense, everything I have is connected to my amp/av receiver

The problem is that CEC is not standardized from brand to brand so it often doesn't work properly. Even when the brands are the same it sometimes doesn't work in a convenient manner.
Panasonic BD player to Panasonic TV (same year) and it works fine when you turn on the BD player; the TV comes on and switches to the correct input but when you want to turn off the setup the TV stays on that input and you have to change it manually instead of the TV defaulting to the tuner.

Solution