boot directly into splashtop?

jason41987

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
my netbook it essentially worthless.. its specs are really too old to run just about any operating system or updated software, so lately ive just been using splashtop to boot directly into my PC in my bedroom as i can run most software or visit most webpages much faster through splashtop than i can natively on the netbook

so my question is, is there any way i can set up my netbook to boot directly into my bedroom PC via splashtop and essentially eliminate the rest of the operating system?

Splashtop still needs some OS underneat to run. Assuming that your netbook runs some version of Windows - add shortcut to Splashtop (or to the connection to your desktop) into the Windows' start menu. You can open it by right-clicking on "Start menu" button, then "Explore".

jason41987

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

did you even read the question?.. i know how to use splashtop, the idea im having is to boot directly into splashtop for streaming a desktop from another computer.. perhaps replace windows shell, or linux distro that boots directly into it instead of a desktop environment

I did read your question, and I did say that Splashtop needs an OS to run. Since there's no Splashtop Client for Linux, and I doubt your netbook runs OSX, your only option is to make Windows to start Splashtop (or any other app) upon boot, and I already explained how to do that.

jason41987

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
uuh, there are splashtop clients for linux, and you can usually replace shell for windows with an application to boot directly into, people do it all the time.. the issue however is booting directly into the desktop, not just the splashtop application.. splashtop would need to automatically launch the required desktop for it to work