Bootable Diagnostic Tool for a new PC

mchn

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Hello,

I'm considering buying a new laptop, which ships without an OS.
So when it arrives I want to be able to run a few basic tests from a bootable USB before I accept the delivery.
I'm thinking a hardware check to see if I got what I ordered, a display test (dead pixels), and may be a memory test (not sure if a HDD test will be fast). There may be more basic tests I can't think of - I'd appreciate if you point them out.
So my question is: Is there a some simple bootable app bundle for basic diagnostics of a new PC and what is it?

Thanks!

Outlander_04

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 18, 2008
ubuntu linux can do all that for you

and so could any version of windows ....just make sure you are not online and it wont activate

but why buy anything from someone you dont trust? And do you think the delivery guy will wait for you to test it?

mchn

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

I don't trust any online merchant in Bulgaria :) Unfortunately Amazon.co.uk doesn't ship electronics here.
I surely hope that the delivery guy won't mind 5 min testing (I think there is even an option for an inspection upon recieving).

You are giving me OSs here, I need a simple tool, which can be booted from and USB on a PC that doesn't have an installed OS.

TRENDING THREADS