DatPcTho

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
Hey guys,

I've built a PC mainly out of new parts. The only thing I've done is take the HDD and RAM from my old PC. Now that everything is done being put together I've done as the motherboard manual requests to put in and start the driver installation disk. After that I get a menu to create a backup copy of the disk and a mode where I can enter commands to continue. But at no point I get any instructions what to enter. If I choose to skip that part it gives me the regular windows starting screen, about three seconds later it stops. I then get a short bluescreen where a few things start to load up but it disappears so quick that I can't read anything. After that it starts up again and the process repeats. All the other options in the startup menu lead to the same result in the end.

My setup:

asus m5a78l- m plus (new)
AMD FX 4300 (new)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (used from a friend)
1TB HDD (reused from old PC)
2x 4GB RAM (reused from old PC)

My old PC was HP Pavilion P6-2012De Desktop-PC

Please help me I'm kinda helpless after facing several issues along the way but this one is kinda bad. I really don't want to whipe my HDD for all the files and I have on it. My last backup file is also corrupted so I am currently on the verge of madness if all my stuff is gone.

Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

Solution
Remove the cables from that hard disk and don't reconnect it as a slave until you have another disk running in there with a new installation of Windows. The data might still be intact but now is not a good time to check.

The old installation won't work in the new system and even if it did, the operating system wouldn't pass activation. Most case will have space for two hard drives and I know Windows systems are expensive but Linux is free and every bit as good or better.
Remove the cables from that hard disk and don't reconnect it as a slave until you have another disk running in there with a new installation of Windows. The data might still be intact but now is not a good time to check.

The old installation won't work in the new system and even if it did, the operating system wouldn't pass activation. Most case will have space for two hard drives and I know Windows systems are expensive but Linux is free and every bit as good or better.

Solution