Bose subwoofer to Pioneer RCA cable adapter

FrankGB

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
I have a Bose Model PS 48 III Powered Subwoofer which I would like to use with my new Pioneer VSX-524 receiver that I replaced the dead Bose receiver with. Is there a 9-pin to RCA cable that you know of? Should I just cut the 9-pin cable and keep hooking it up to an RCA adapter until it works and then solder it together? Should I just buy another subwoofer?

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
with a quick google, the sub is controlled by a bose receiver/controller. the amplifier is in the sub which also powers the speakers attached to it. It can not be used connected to another brand receiver. In short - Get another sub. If you chose to use the satellites to connect to the new receiver they might not sound very good. Bose uses a lot of jiggery pokery hocus pocus equalization in their amp/receivers to make their crap speakers sound better, where the pioneer is an amp that drives a more pure "flat" signal and will require decent speakers to sound good. If you find a sub that covers a higher frequency rance (up to 200hz) it might work better with the little bose satellites, as they wont produce much below 200hz.