Brand new Dell XPS 9550 battery is very low [2 hours]

jadquest

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
Hi, I got this new laptop few days back, its Dell XPS 9550 with 4k screen and 16gb RAM , 500SSD
i7 6700HQ 2.6 with GeFORCE 930M on windows 10 pro

I checked all the drivers and everyone seems to be the proper driver, did the recent bios update and also the OS to latest, but still getting 2-3 hours max on battery saver on and brightness 50%

I cant believe this is normal. How to figure out who is draining the battery, the battery usage from windows 10 is not enough plus is showing the system usage is more than 50%, again is this normal !

I did a battery summary from windows tools, below is the link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sez5ltalp6soe4w/battery_report.html?dl=0

was expecting at least 6 hours out of new laptop plus all battery health from bios to windows are showing the battery is in good health. any recommendation or tools might help figuring out the problem !!

Solution
Battery life appears to be an issue with this model. Many user responses that I've seen across the internet, using the same configuration as you've listed, report an average of 4-5 hours of battery life with minimal/light usage. Two hours is much lower than other reports, but it could be due to different usage scenarios.

Point being, this laptop has pretty poor battery life.
Battery life appears to be an issue with this model. Many user responses that I've seen across the internet, using the same configuration as you've listed, report an average of 4-5 hours of battery life with minimal/light usage. Two hours is much lower than other reports, but it could be due to different usage scenarios.

Point being, this laptop has pretty poor battery life.

Solution