dell xps 9550 battery lasts 2-3 hours maximum

waqas_7

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
I bought my new dell xps 15 9550 yesterday and my battery only lasts for 2-3 hours after 100% charging. I think it has something to do with bios settings or something else. Please help me resolve this issue.

Here is my battery information. [image](http://prntscr.com/byzmly)

Here is my laptop details [image](http://prntscr.com/byzmz4)

Solution
The high performance setting doesn't have much with what you are actually doing online.
Here is a comparison

Balanced: Balanced automatically increases your CPU’s speed when your computer needs it, and reduces it when it isn’t necessary. This is the default setting, and it should be fine most of the time.

Power Saver: Power Saver attempts to save power by reducing the CPU’s speed all the time and lowering screen brightness, among other similar settings.

High Performance: High Performance mode doesn’t lower your CPU’s speed when it isn’t being used, running it at higher speeds most of the time. It also increases screen brightness. Other components, such as your Wi-Fi or disk drive, may also not go into power-saving modes.

Running in...

waqas_7

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
'

I always use high performance settings, i dont know if this is the reason. Although my usage was only surfing the web.

The high performance setting doesn't have much with what you are actually doing online.
Here is a comparison

Balanced: Balanced automatically increases your CPU’s speed when your computer needs it, and reduces it when it isn’t necessary. This is the default setting, and it should be fine most of the time.

Power Saver: Power Saver attempts to save power by reducing the CPU’s speed all the time and lowering screen brightness, among other similar settings.

High Performance: High Performance mode doesn’t lower your CPU’s speed when it isn’t being used, running it at higher speeds most of the time. It also increases screen brightness. Other components, such as your Wi-Fi or disk drive, may also not go into power-saving modes.

Running in Balanced mode is usually the normal setting for laptops. With High performance, you constantly have everything running and CPU at increased speed. Balanced mode evens that out and can extend the amount of available battery.

Solution