Brand New Network Adapter Not Appearing in Device Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantius

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
I've got an Acer Aspire V Nitro (model Aspire VN7-591G) that's always had increasingly worse wireless network adapter issues to the point where the adapter just doesn't show up under Device Manager at all (even after showing all hidden devices), and I can't connect to the internet, which is a huge inconvenience.

I just got the device repaired under warranty (still under a year old until late July) at the local Micro Center in my city, and when it returned from repair, it worked for about half a day before displaying the same issue as before. Now I really don't know what's causing the issue since the network adapter is brand new and shouldn't be acting this way, so it must be some other problem.

Any ideas/solutions?

Edit: Also, just to make things complicated, it's currently working actually - it seems to occasionally work again after leaving the computer turned off for several hours. However, if I put it to sleep, most of the time when I use it again, the adapter disappears. It's a very finicky issue, especially since I've had repairs be denied before because it chooses to work just when diagnoses are run, and right after it's returned to me, it breaks again.

Hi,

Try to uninstall/reinstall the driver of the wireless adapter and see if that will make any difference. If it will still not work the problem may lie in the motherboard already where the wireless adapter is being connected. But before you take it in for another repair I would suggest doing a complete factory reset first.

Constantius

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no luck. I would do a factory reset, but my computer came with Windows 8 and I currently have WIndows 10, which I would like to keep. Not sure if Microsoft is still offering free WIndows 10 at this point, and not sure if my computer will default back to Windows 8 either. Also, I've tried doing that in the past pre-repair, and all it offered was a temporary solution, if any at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.