British Nationals Refused Entry to U.S. Over Twitter Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Lol...?
I'm kinda speechless. What do I say about this?
Wouldn't a potential terrorist use methods of contact other then normal chat channels?

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? They did not tweet specifics of how they would literally dig up Marilyn Monroe or destroy America. People say stupid things to friends all the time! This is nuts..

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Lol...?I'm kinda speechless. What do I say about this?Wouldn't a potential terrorist use methods of contact other then normal chat channels?[/citation]

Of course... That's why we hear about stories like this while real terrorists fly planes through buildings... Just sayin'.

American passengers should all be harassed and publicly humiliated with no reason, in airports all over the world until their goverment gets its sh*t together.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
so if i post I WILL DESTROY AMERICA, it will automatically show up on DHS?
guess I WILL BOMB the forums with comments about AIRPORTS OR AIRPLANE.
or ignore this post, because I AM not a TERRORIST.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Complete PARANOID has reached Twitter.

Understanding "he was coming to the United States to dig up the grave of Marilyn Monroe" from "diggin' Marilyn Monroe up!" is one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]edvinasm[/nom]US at their best[/citation]

I think you mean at our worst. You seem to forget all the things the U.S. has actually done for the world. Nobody even compares when it comes to giving away foreign aid, and remember WWII? Yeah, we gave blood there too. Hey, come to think of it...the U.S. has a history of being pretty decent. People are way too cynical. One stupid instance and now we're all stupid in the USA. What about all the tourists that come here without any problems? Should I hate everyone who isn't American just because you're an anti-American jerk?

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]CKKwan[/nom]This is the so call Freedom of Speech that US always proud of?[/citation]

That does not extend to non-citizens. Furthermore, they were detained - not beaten.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Lol...?I'm kinda speechless. What do I say about this?Wouldn't a potential terrorist use methods of contact other then normal chat channels?[/citation]

Most criminals are dumb. You would be surprised at just how dumb most criminals are. The educated prefer to work with the existing societal infrastructure, not make chaos out of everything.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Welcome to 1984.

I bet they also check what you searched for on google, what videos you watched on youtube, your emails, etc.

This is not far off from what happened in Soviet Russia and in the other soviet-style regimes of eastern Europe.

raringcoder

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]techcurious[/nom]What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? They did not tweet specifics of how they would literally dig up Marilyn Monroe or destroy America. People say stupid things to friends all the time! This is nuts..[/citation]

This sort of gets thrown out the window when there are laws featuring the words "on suspicion of".

The arrest would have been enough of a shocker to likely stop them doing it again, as a form of intimidation. Actually furthering it to deportation... well, common sense took a holiday I suppose.

raringcoder

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Most criminals are dumb. You would be surprised at just how dumb most criminals are. The educated prefer to work with the existing societal infrastructure, not make chaos out of everything.[/citation]
Unfortunately, "the educated" are responsible for almost all of the most bloody conflicts in history and lots of notable terrorist attacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.