Broke optical input on receiver. Need to repair! how??

soldier5637

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Hello

I have a Samsung HT-E550 5.1 surround sound system. I accidentally broke the optical input jack when i was taking out the plug last time. Can i get a replacement jack? I put the cord in and it just falls out now. I've contacted Samsung and they say that i need to take it to a repair center. Theres no one NEAR me, So i need to do it myself.

Thanks!

The optical jack is mounted to a pc board in the HTib so it won't be easy to change. Since this is not an electrical connection you don't really need a strong connection here just a way to keep the cable from falling out. You can just use some tape or rubber cement to hold it in place.

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
maybe just use the coax digital rather than the optical. You wont be able to repair an optical connection yourself, i doubt the connector would even be available as a separate part, it would be part of a board assembly. If its attached to a small board connected to a mainboard then it might be cheap to fix, but if its part of the main board in the unit then its going to be expensive.

Bradsways

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Time to upgrade to HDMI! I'm in the same boat as you. I just used a piece of plastic from a CD case about the same size as the missing door. Now plugs sit snug. Just don't mess with it!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
U Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
9 Streaming Video & TVs 11
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1