ChewyRH

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
I have an Asus Eee PC Netbook with a broken screen. I want to access the BiOS screen, or more importantly the System Restore screen on boot up as I want to restore the Netbook to factory defaults as if I just bought it, but I can't see any screen on my LCD TV until it gets to the Windows login screen. I've tried using a VGA cable and an HDMI cable, neither work. I've tried closing the lid as soon as I power it on, it won't work. I've tried using the Fn + shortcuts to switch to the external monitor on boot up, it won't work. I've tried disconnecting the Netbook screen by taking it apart, it won't work. I've even tried putting a magnet to where the lid sensor is (which turns the Netbook screen off) so I'm able to press the F2 key to enter BiOS, but the external monitor still doesn't show until Windows login. I feel like I've exhausted all of my options, and maybe it's one of those rare cases where I'm SOL, unless someone knows some magical trick to get me to the BiOS screen on my external monitor. If anybody does, please help!

Hi,

Seems like your laptop is set to load the screen only in it's built in screen. Press "Windows and P" together at the same time then tap once on the right arrow key then press Enter by doing this it should set it to Duplicate screen and you should be able to see on the external monitor what's displayed in the built in screen.

ChewyRH

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015

Since that is a shortcut of the OS, it won't work prior to the Windows login screen. Only ASUS shortcuts will work in my situation, but none of them do.