Broken Phone on contract, what to do?

Xavier Moavero

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
I am on a Verizon wireless 2 year contract with my family and now my phone, an HTC One, is broken (http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2210033/htc-washed.html for full story). My contract is in it's first year, and i don't have the money to buy a new phone, and my current one is just ruined, anybody know what to do? I cant drop Verizon, because 3 other lines are on the plan, and i am still paying for the line even though there is no phone for it. any help is appreciated

hang-the-9

Titan
If you did not get accidental damage insurance, get another used Verizon phone. I got a Razr M off craigslist for $80, not a super deal for that model but pretty cheap for a quality smartphone and is the low end of the prices. Just swap SIM cards, or get a new one from Verizon and you will be set. You can find some other cheaper models for a bit less than 80 like the Droid X2.

getochkn

Splendid
You could have added this to your original thread and not made a new one.

Buy a cheap phone for the next year and be more careful. Check out Swappa. If it doesn't work, you toasted it. No one here is going to help you scam/fraud a new phone out of them, so you're kind of out of luck. I'm not sure what kind of help you want, the only answer is buy a phone you can afford and deal with it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Phoneyy Cell Phone General Discussion 2
S Cell Phone General Discussion 1
T Cell Phone General Discussion 1
S Cell Phone General Discussion 1
M Cell Phone General Discussion 1
H Cell Phone General Discussion 1
L Cell Phone General Discussion 2
N Cell Phone General Discussion 1
J Cell Phone General Discussion 1
J Cell Phone General Discussion 1
D Cell Phone General Discussion 1