Building Speaker System

MrGhostwaffle

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Okay so i'm not sure i this is the best place to post this but i'm just going to go with it.

So I would like to buy an amplifier, speakers, sub woofer and put together a sound system. 300-500 cad is budget. I just don't know a lot about this and need some help. Any possible speaker combinations or just some knowledge on what I should be looking for is great to know.

Thanks.

PS. I literally have no knowledge on this and from what I've learned I believe it is called a hifi system that i'm trying to build? Please correct me If I'm wrong.

MrGhostwaffle

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

Hi thanks for responding. So it would be just music played off of a phone, mostly rap so I wouldn't mind a decent sub woofer. Maybe hooked up too PC sometimes to watch Movies but surround sound is not something i'm too interested in. Unless the speakers were wireless for the rears but again that's not really something I need.

If I was you, I would go to your BestBuy with some music on your phone, and plug it in whatever they have available. I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in USofA most places selling audio equipment have a 3.5mm cable dangling where to plug your phone and blast.