"Call ended" immediately

Gawin

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
I have a HTC Desire C for a year and so now and this problem only started happening today. Whenever I try to make a call, the phone would almost always immediately end the call (however, occasionally the call works). Furthermore, I tried calling my number with another phone and my phone would almost always not pick it up until the timer ends (so I just get a vibration saying I got a missed call), but again, it occasionally works. Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Gawin

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

I tried that already, but I still got this problem (i.e. sometimes call works but mostly not working). Don't think it;s the network as I got full bars and still got this problem. I tried googling and apparently someone fixed it by "resetting his network settings". But I am a phone noob lol and have no idea what that means, nor can I find a tutorial on how to do that for the HTC Desire C.

Just because it can talk to the cellsite doesn't mean there's no problem with their network; it's quite common for people to put diggers through the fibre backhaul for the cellsite.

Not certain precisely what 'resetting his network settings' would refer to. APNs shouldn't affect phone calls, and few other settings should have any effect.

Only thing I can think of is to go into the mobile network settings and set Preferred Network Type to 3G (or 4G if applicable).