Camstudio audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerboy

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I have Camstudio 2.0 and 2.6 to record my desktop. I can capture video with both but I can't get audio with either during playback. My PC is set up to display on my HDTV using an HDMI cable for both video and audio. Could it be that Camstudio doesn't recognize audio through HDMI? I get a WaveoutGetSelectControl()failed. error when selecting to record audio from my speakers.

Any ideas that might fix this? Or another screen capture software that's free?

Thanks

Solution
Good to hear back from u, so it looks like a bug in that Camstudio.

But if u are gonna use it a lot, buy it and be done with it once for all : )

nikorr

Distinguished
I was reading last night that there is a bug, some blogger discussion that was, so it may be out of your hands.

If u have HDMI enabled in playback devices, which u have since the other audio works.

What about your recording devices?

Gamerboy

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Recording devices listed on my system are Mic, line in, and Stereo Mix. All of them say Realtek High Definition Audio. Mic and line in say not plugged in though because I get my audio from the HDMI. I have it set as stereo mix default. There isn't a HDMI option listed and I have it showing hidden items.

Gamerboy

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I don't use a webcam though. I just want to record my desktop. I've read about a lot of different software but I'm currently limited to the free ones, and unfortunately a lot of them seem kind of iffy based on what I've read. Installing toolbars, hijacking web browsers, malware, etc.

It's just for my own entertainment for now anyways. If it was for business purposes I could justify paying for it heh.

Hooking up speakers for it to record through didn't work either. I know I have a mic/headset around here somewhere. I might try that if I ever locate it.

Gamerboy

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
I got the free version of bandicam now. It works great. Great video and great audio. The downside is that there's a 10 minute recording limit and there's a watermark at the top of the videos. It's small though so it's not a problem. I'll probably buy the full version eventually to get rid of the watermark and be able to record unlimited length.

I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to record their desktop or video games. I produces great quality up to 1080p, that's as high as I've tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.