can i make my pc act like a tv screen using an HDMI cable?

yuval153

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
hello, i currently haveing a tv screen [42' LG] and 2 pc monitor's.
so i wanted to see movie's from my PC, on the TV, so i hooked up a HDMI cable from my pc to my TV.

everything works awesome, but i got to ask a big question. can i make my PC screen, show me what the TV is showing?
make the same thing, but works for both sides - so i can see tv on my pc screen, or movies from my pc on my tv.

is that possible?

Solution
You need a TV Tuner card for your PC. What card you need depends on where you live, how you get TV to your home (cable/satellite/Free Over-The-Air Broadcasts) and your system specifications.

-Wolf sends

Moon_pie57

Estimable
May 10, 2015
I assume you mean you want to mirror the Tv screen on your pc monitor when the tv is not connected to the computer? Obviously you can show your computer on the Tv but as far as the other way around I'm not sure that that is possible. I believe it is possible to mirror a tv screen to another tv but they do not use any of the standard input's on a monitor

USAFRet

Illustrious

Does your TV have an HDMI 'out'?
Normally, no.

yuval153

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

i live in israel, my tv is from the cables company, and my pc is a gaming pc.. if u need to spec's i will be gladly to provide it...

what kind of a tuner card to u think will be able to do such thing?

yes something like that..

[no i dont have an hdmi 'out']
can i convert it?