Can I operate my laptop (Ideapad 520) with lid closed?

Solution
1 .you can if you set windows to "do nothing" when you close your lid, as normally when you do it will cause it to go to sleep or shutdown. that setting to be changed is located in your power settings of windows operating system.

2. will the laptop overheat, unless your gaming with it, my bet it will be just fine, you can also monitor the temperature if your worried about it, using an program called HWINFO, and let it run in the background in sensor mode.

1 .you can if you set windows to "do nothing" when you close your lid, as normally when you do it will cause it to go to sleep or shutdown. that setting to be changed is located in your power settings of windows operating system.

2. will the laptop overheat, unless your gaming with it, my bet it will be just fine, you can also monitor the temperature if your worried about it, using an program called HWINFO, and let it run in the background in sensor mode.

Solution
if your speaking of the slots on the front of the computer, those are your speakers as explained on the manufacturer web page your linked to us.

pKcbVwl.png