Can I operate my laptop (Ideapad 520) with lid closed?

The Paladin

Estimable
Herald
1 .you can if you set windows to "do nothing" when you close your lid, as normally when you do it will cause it to go to sleep or shutdown. that setting to be changed is located in your power settings of windows operating system.

2. will the laptop overheat, unless your gaming with it, my bet it will be just fine, you can also monitor the temperature if your worried about it, using an program called HWINFO, and let it run in the background in sensor mode.

The Paladin

Estimable
Herald
1 .you can if you set windows to "do nothing" when you close your lid, as normally when you do it will cause it to go to sleep or shutdown. that setting to be changed is located in your power settings of windows operating system.

2. will the laptop overheat, unless your gaming with it, my bet it will be just fine, you can also monitor the temperature if your worried about it, using an program called HWINFO, and let it run in the background in sensor mode.

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
The air normally comes from the back, not the screen. Are you sure you are not looking at speaker grills?
I don't see what you mean from that link.
it should work fine

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
abuldx39 Laptop General Discussion 7
Kalpesh4991 Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 13
R Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 4
P Laptop General Discussion 1
Lutfij Laptop General Discussion 0
L Laptop General Discussion 4
B Laptop General Discussion 5
sonukumarmail763 Laptop General Discussion 1