Can I put 2.5” HDD on an SSD slot?

Dec 9, 2018
I have H500p as my case and I want to upgrade my storage so I'm been wondering whether I can put a 2.5 inch HDD (from Seagate) on an SSD slot because I'm thinking of doing raid 0 set up with the two other hard drive bays. I need another HDD so I can put important documents in it without the possibility of losing them. TYSM!

Solution
Yes the SSD bays can accept conventional 2.5 " HDD's.

Using a fast SSD for a boot drive and two conventional HDD's in Raid 1 (mirror as opposed to Raid0 Stripe mode) will give you good redundancy for backup as both HDD's are simultaneously written to. Should one die ... the data on the other is complete.

Most people use a NAS in Raid1 mode.

Raid0 is/ was more popular for doubling the speed of the boot drive by using two HDD's.

Now that fast SSD's are cheaper it is perhaps not as popular ... other than a really high end (2 X SSD'a) rig.

Good luck.
Yes the SSD bays can accept conventional 2.5 " HDD's.

Using a fast SSD for a boot drive and two conventional HDD's in Raid 1 (mirror as opposed to Raid0 Stripe mode) will give you good redundancy for backup as both HDD's are simultaneously written to. Should one die ... the data on the other is complete.

Most people use a NAS in Raid1 mode.

Raid0 is/ was more popular for doubling the speed of the boot drive by using two HDD's.

Now that fast SSD's are cheaper it is perhaps not as popular ... other than a really high end (2 X SSD'a) rig.

Good luck.

Solution