Can I put a TOSHIBA hard drive disk drive mq01abf050 from an HP notebook laptop into an ACER APSIRE MODEL # MS2309

Kenneth_35

Commendable
May 21, 2016
I have an Hp notebook laptop MODEL # 15-F233WM that is smashed.I took the hard drive out of it and put it in my ACER APSIRE MODEL # MS2309.I tried using Acer restore discs I bought specifically for Acer but when I get to Second Install Disc (Recovery Disc 1) on the screen before while System Disc is in it is looking for HARD DRIVE NAME: PARTION name and partion label(i know that is wrong name lol).I hit next button because nothing is showing so it prompts for recovery disc 1 then shortly after say that there is no destination or something like that.Am I wasting my time or missing a step.PLEASE HELP COMPLETELY CLUELESS ABOUT LAPTOP TECH AND NEED TO KNOW WHETHER TO BUY A COMPATIBLE HARD DRIVE OR IS THE ONE I HAVE COMPATIBLE AND I AM JUST STUPID?NEED AN ANSWER FAST BECAUSE I HAVE NEW JOB STARTING JUNE 3RD AND NEED LAPTOP DESPERATELY!!!!!!
Sincerely Kenneth_35 AKA DadsxAxGamer

Solution
That is because the restore disks for the Acer machine don`t in fact hold all of the information to re install the operating system what ever version it is of windows os you had installed on the acer laptop.

Because the disks point to a hidden partition for the OS install of the original hard drive in the acer laptop before you swapped it out and put in the laptop drive from the Hp note book.

And why the install fails and give the message of no destination.

So what is the solution here.

It would be to use a system or a tower based system where you could connect the Acer aspire laptop drive to it.
And also the laptop hard drive out of the Hp notebook system.

If both of the drives use a Sata data interface.

Then simply clone the...

Shaun o

Distinguished
That is because the restore disks for the Acer machine don`t in fact hold all of the information to re install the operating system what ever version it is of windows os you had installed on the acer laptop.

Because the disks point to a hidden partition for the OS install of the original hard drive in the acer laptop before you swapped it out and put in the laptop drive from the Hp note book.

And why the install fails and give the message of no destination.

So what is the solution here.

It would be to use a system or a tower based system where you could connect the Acer aspire laptop drive to it.
And also the laptop hard drive out of the Hp notebook system.

If both of the drives use a Sata data interface.

Then simply clone the Acer aspire laptop hard drive to the Hard disk drive that was used with the HP note book.

With some free drive cloning software from the internet.

Once done you would simply connect the Hp notebook laptop hard drive. to the Acer laptop.

And the job would be done with little fuss.

I presume the reason for using the HP laptop drive is because it has a larger storage capacity in GB`s vs the Acer hard disk drive, so you have more storage space.

Solution